Friday, September 30, 2011

Apartment: FOUND!

The search is over!! After a LOT of thinking and reseraching, I decided my priorities were in this order:

1.) Location is in walking distance to both of my schools (after my constant bus mishaps, I hope to have to ride it only sparingly from now on...)

2.) Living conditions are nice (I prefer to not live in a corner next to a exercise machine in the family room, not to  have to stash my clothes in a drawer in the bathroom, which I share with three other people, and to have a shower with walls....and yes, these conditions are normal and have all happened in other places I checked out.)

3.) Price within 300-400 euros total

4.) Live with a french person so I am forced to speak french!!

5.) Furnished


The apartment I decided on is not all of these things perfectly. For example, it costs 390 euros per month but doesn't include internet, and if we go over 40 euros on gas/electric, we pay the rest...so it could cost me up to 450 euros a month, which is WAY more than some places I looked at, but....

It is SOO pretty!! And it is furnished, and decorated in a way that is so me...the colors and the art, it's beautiful. And the kitchen has a giant window that opens out into the street, and has a view of the ocean. The bathroom is modern, the shower has walls! (yay) and we have a washing machine for clothes! And the best part is it is in the center of downtown, right by the most happening streets, (though I use that term loosely, everything closes at like 8pm) and just a 10 min walk to both my schools!!

I'm going to live with an American from D.C., which kind of was sad for my french progression, but she is more fluent than me now and we decided to try to only speak in french and to watch french TV and listen to music all the time :-) and of course make a lot of french friends downtown!

Here are some pics! I'll take better ones when we move in...there is a couple living there now and they are moving out Tuesday morning so we are moving in Tuesday evening!! Can't wait!!

kitchen with super giant window into the street and ocean! 

Foyer

living room/my bed! 

modern bathroom! 

other bed---the bedroom

other side of living room/dining area

1 comment: