Friday, January 20, 2012

Shark Defense

Tomorrow is my first dive here.

Due to the current shark-panic on the island, (I believe I heard we have the world record now for the most shark attacks in the least amount of time?) I have delayed this day out of fear for the last three months. But now I figure...people are in the water all the time here, and most of them are fine...why shouldn't that include me!

To prepare for a possible shark encounter, I turned to the internet, and found this film which immediately put me at ease:



Who knew? All you have to do is punch and scream into the water, and tear up some dry paper! Why on Earth was I so worried? 

It will all be okay, as long as I remember that as a human being, I am smarter than a shark. 

Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment